from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Time measured with reference to the mean sun, giving equal 24-hour days throughout the year.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A variant spelling of meantime.
- n. A mean (average) amount of time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. time as measured by an equable motion, as of a perfect clock, or as reckoned on the supposition that all the days of the year are of a mean or uniform length, in contradistinction from apparent time, or that actually indicated by the sun, and from sidereal time, or that measured by the stars.
- n. See under 4th Mean.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (astronomy) time based on the motion of the mean sun (an imaginary sun moving uniformly along the celestial equator)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.