from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The time between one occurrence and another; an interval.
- adverb During a period of intervening time; meanwhile.
from The Century Dictionary.
- During the interval; in the interval between one specified period and another.
- noun The interval between one specified period and another: only in the phrase in the meantime, formerly also
the meantime: properly two words (in the mean time), conventionally written as one, after the adverb.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The intervening time.
- adverb In the intervening time; during the interval.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
timespent waitingfor another event; time in between.
duringthe interval; meanwhile
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the time between one event, process, or period and another
- adverb during the intervening time
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Al, in the meantime, is clearly suffering badly in a trolling environment that has been dominated in recent weeks by “Ed”.
Hades in the meantime is furious and very frustrated with his lack of progress until he finds the only weakness Hercules has – his love for Meg.
Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso in the meantime is worried that a low turnout in the elections for the European Parliament next week will undermine the credibility of the European Union in general and the parliament in particular.
In the meantime, is all this crap from turdblossom being cataloged somewhere?
(Dobleman, in the meantime, is telephoning in a low voice.)
Here, meantime, is Boz's column, wherein my esteemed colleague demonstrates how pointless it is to attempt to predict baseball's playoffs.
He has constantly lied to his base and in the meantime is trying for a massive government takeover of the economy while all his actions on economics have done nothing but prolong the recession, devalue the dollar, and raise unemployment.
Wait next year, and in meantime, better look for another job.
And in the meantime, is there nothing to be done for the illness?
Rosvet, in the meantime, is monitoring the implementation of the widely advertised government program called “Dorozhnaia karta” (“Road Map”) [ru]: