from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. That part of the pterygoid which in birds articulates with the palatal bone or with the basipterygoid process of the sphenoid, or with both.
  • n. In ichthyology, a bone between the pterygoid and metapterygoid which usually helps to wall in the orbital cavity behind and below. It is not infrequently absent.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.