from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Variant of methodical.
- adj. Chosen for the sake of its effect, rather than for its own sake; sometimes distinguished from real.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Arranged with regard to method; disposed in a suitable manner, or in a manner to illustrate a subject, or to facilitate practical observation; well-ordered
- adj. Proceeding with regard to method; characterized by method or orderliness; systematic.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the ancient school of physicians called methodists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characterized by method; conformed or conforming to a method: as, the methodic principle or sect in medicine.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The doubt thus raised has been sometimes of the character called methodic, fictitious, or provisional, and sometimes real, or sceptical, as embodying the conclusion that objective truth cannot be known.
When she pulled up closest to the one-way side street he lived on, he confused the methodic tapping on the windshield with his own tempo, until it was surpassed by the rhythm of his heart.
On Patrick's subsequent visits, Julia had refused to repeat the shadow play, but it no longer mattered who was the wolf or who was the bird; what had started as a methodic courtship had turned into love.
I was extremely impressed, even amazed with how slow and methodic he hunted.
Both pilots had done everything by the book: careful, methodic, but deadly.
She also offered the following sentence on the French: “I have made some mention of history to show that although in her excitable Gallic affinity for bungling, half-efficient and half-inefficient, committing cataclysmic blunders and undergoing many terrible and dark hours, France, pitched against the proverbial methodic furor Teutonicus, was able to ultimately survive.”
You and Amelia rushed to the adjacent bathroom, and then I heard running water and the methodic scrub of your toothbrushes.
Its an easy and methodic routine in a series of such approaches that bring the ego and individualistic attitude that everyone brings to the table (so to speak!) down to size, in order to make everyone modest; equal.
Hello, that methodic chapter meagerly slapped preparatory to that responsible fairies.
Oh my, that methodic visiting virtuously cackled according to some juicy auckland.