from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mild fever, usually occurring at the beginning of lactation, associated with infection following childbirth.
- n. A disease affecting dairy cows and occasionally sheep or goats, especially soon after giving birth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of fever occurring in women shortly after childbirth (previously associated with the start of lactation).
- n. A fatal metabolic disorder in dairy cattle, occurring at the start of lactation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A form puerperal peritonitis in cattle; also, a variety of meningitis occurring in cows after calving.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name applied to light feverish attacks coming on shortly after childbirth, and coinciding more or less with the beginning of lactation.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.