from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various light hydrocarbon oils, especially a distillate of petroleum.
- n. A refined distillate of petroleum, used as a laxative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any mixture of aliphatic and alicyclic hydrocarbons derived from petroleum used for very many applications, but not as a fuel
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See Naphtha, and Petroleum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a distillate of petroleum (especially one used medicinally as a laxative or stool softener)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.