from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the colour of red lead or vermilion; painted with vermilion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To paint or tinge with red lead or vermilion; also, to decorate with letters, or the like, painted red, as the page of a manuscript.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the color of red lead or vermilion; painted with vermilion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To paint or tinge with or as with minium.
- Of the color of minium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. paint with red lead or vermilion
- v. decorate (manuscripts) with letters painted red
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This method of harmonizing all the arts, the intelligence, the heart and the sentiment, which came from the East, would be highly developed in the West, reaching unreachable heights in the miniate codices of the Bible and in other works of faith and of art, which flourished in Europe until the invention of the press and even afterward.