from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A league of professional sports clubs that are not in the major leagues but are usually owned by or affiliated with major-league teams.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An association of sports teams that plays at a level below the major leagues of a sport.
- adj. Having a quality less than the best possible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A league of professional sports teams less proficient than a
major leagues. Players in the minor leagues generally are paid less than those in the major leagues, and their games attract less atention.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a league of teams that do not belong to a major league (especially baseball)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.