from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive verb To have a miscarriage.
- intransitive verb To go astray or be lost in transit, as mail or cargo.
- intransitive verb To fail to attain an intended goal, as a plan or project.
- intransitive verb To have a miscarriage of (an embryo or fetus).
from The Century Dictionary.
- To fail of reaching the intended destination; go astray; be lost or carried astray in transit.
- To go wrong; fail in object or purpose; come to naught; come to grief.
- To suffer untimely delivery; bring forth young prematurely; give birth to a fetus which is not viable.
- To be brought forth before the natural time, as a child.
- To mismanage: bring to misfortune or failure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb To carry, or go, wrong; to fail of reaching a destination, or fail of the intended effect; to be unsuccessful; to suffer defeat.
- intransitive verb To bring forth young before the time they are viable; to have a spontaneous abortion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb suffer a miscarriage
- verb be unsuccessful
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Then again, all you need to miscarry is bad nutrition and a little alcohol.
Confused could nt just be pregnant then not???? .... it would have been a very early miscarriage when you miscarry so early on, its because your body stops producing the HCG hormone which is keeping the pregnancy going, so once that hormones stops being produced, and is no longer in your system, the pregnancy then dies and you miscarry, that is why the tests are negative
Knowing that she may miscarry, she has called me to her.
Her parents hoped she would miscarry, but she didn't and Sharon was born to Lorna, and her teenage husband Vic Sage, in 1960.
The first month of our communal living arrangement, Hope started to miscarry the twins.
At least O'Brien showed a very slight sense of remorse after causing Cora to miscarry just because of a misunderstanding, but Thomas is a thoroughly despicable character and a sorry excuse for a human being by anybody's definition.
Those of us who are pro - choice could make an argument just as reductive? that the body will usually miscarry a foetus that is damaged, for instance, so in cases where it doesn't you are just helping it along by having an abortion.
Desperate not to miscarry, I decided to call Rabbi Eitan, a friend of my friend Sandra Bernhard, another loudmouthed sister Jewish comic.
Sherwood, who had been accused of bewitching a pregnant woman and causing her to miscarry, was convicted, clapped in irons and put in jail.
Woman who miscarry at greater risk of premature birth later, doctors say