from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several North American plants of the genus Mitella, having heart-shaped leaves and clusters of small white flowers with pinnately divided petals. Also called bishop's cap.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any plant of the genus Mitella: slender perennial herbs with a pod slightly resembling a bishop's miter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any plant of the genus Mitella, -- slender, perennial herbs with a pod slightly resembling a bishop's miter; bishop's cap.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name common to all plants of the genus Milella
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various rhizomatous perennial herbs of the genus Mitella having a capsule resembling a bishop's miter
From the shape of its capsule.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
miter + wort (Wiktionary)
Fine hair around her head like common miterwort, Coquille has removed her shirt, skin roughened by a summer sun in some place other than this.