from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Marriage between persons of different races or religions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Marriage between people of different socially-distinguished groups, such as different races, cultures or religions.
- n. A king and a queen of different suits as a starting hand in Texas hold 'em (see marriage (poker slang)).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a marriage between persons of different races or religions; specifically, one between a Roman Catholic and a Protestant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. marriage of two people from different races or different religions or different cultures
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This was especially the case in the conflict concerning mixed marriage in the fourth decade of the century when the Prussian government arrested Archbishop Droste-Vischering of Cologne as an