from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In wood-working, one of a class of high-speed power-machines for planing, recessing, shaping, molding, profiling, and paneling wood.
- n. A machine for making molding from an artificial composition. The material is forced from a hopper by a compressor, is carried by an apron beneath a die-wheel, and after being shaped by this it is delivered on a table.
- n. In sheet-metal working, a rolling-machine with shaped rollers of which one is the counterpart of the other, for molding sheet-metal into shape for cornices, balusters, etc.
- n. In founding:
- n. A machine for making loam-molds in flasks from small patterns carried by the machine.
- n. A gear-molding machine.
Sorry, no etymologies found.