from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having one hydrogen atom replaceable by a negative or acid atom or radical; capable of neutralizing a monobasic acid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having one hydrogen atom replaceable by an acidic atom or radical.
- adj. Capable of neutralizing one equivalent of a monobasic acid; -- said of bases, and of certain metals.
- n. An acid having one replaceable hydrogen atom.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of saturating a single molecule of a monobasic acid: applied to hydroxids and basic oxids.
mono- + acid (Wiktionary)