from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A walk on the surface of the moon by an astronaut.
- intransitive v. To walk on the surface of the moon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An exploration of the Moon's surface on foot (by an astronaut)
- n. A dance in which the dancer slides backwards though the feet move as if he was walking forwards
- v. To walk on the surface of the moon
- v. To perform the dance step
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a kind of dance step in which the dancer seems to be sliding backward on the spot.
- n. an exploratory walk by an astronaut on the surface of Earth's moon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a kind of dance step in which the dancer seems to be sliding on the spot
- n. an exploratory walk by an astronaut on the surface of the moon
Sorry, no etymologies found.
NASA Releases Restored Apollo 11 Moonwalk Video - The original video of the historic moonwalk is probably lost forever, but to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first humans to reach the lunar surface, NASA and a Hollywood film company have culled a backup tape, CBS archival footage and NASA kinescopes to release a newly restored version of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin's romp on the moon.
As some people already know, a dance move called the moonwalk (aka backslide) had been existed before it became the "moonwalk".
She goes on and on for 30 MINUTES about how Art had some people on the show who say that the moonwalk was a hoax.
The film is named after the dance technique known as the moonwalk which was one of his trademark moves.
Inflatable bouncer, also known as moonwalk, bounce house, bouncy castle, stands among the most ridiculous sources of amusement in the 21st century.
Mr. Kennedy urged the public to be vigilant for signs of the "politicians 'moonwalk" - a phenomenon in which elected leaders introduce legislation that gives the illusion of giant steps forward, but "really what they're doing is sliding backwards."
Folks who subscribe to the second scenario are known as moonwalk watched by millions of people on live television was staged at some secret location here on earth.
Wes doing the moonwalk was the most kickass moment since Dean Geyer did that backflip.
Oh and the "moonwalk" was probably invented by MJ so he could silently slip out of little boys rooms without anyone hearing him. angdesj
That sentence has seven different meanings depending on which word has the emphasis. angdesj: Oh and the "moonwalk" was probably invented by MJ so he could silently slip out of little boys rooms without anyone hearing him.