from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun The wash-board or skirting of a room. See wash-board.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun (Carp.) A narrow board nailed against the wall of a room next to the floor; skirting board; baseboard. See baseboard.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A skirting board (to protect a wall from wet mops)

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a molding covering the joint formed by a wall and the floor


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.