from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Authorizing delay in payment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to delay of payment or fulfilment of an obligation, as in "moratory interest".
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to delay; esp., designating a law passed, as in a time of financial panic, to postpone or delay for a period the time at which notes, bills of exchange, and other obligations, shall mature or become due.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to moratorium; delaying: as, a moratory bill.
- n. One who postpones the maturity of notes, bills of exchange, and the like.
Besides these compensatory interests, the Church has likewise admitted moratory interest.
GSMA asks for moratory on regulatory changes for mobile industry -
GSMA asks for moratory on regulatory changes for mobile industry - Mobile World Congress 2009
CDB and COP8´s most polemic issues will be: distribution of benefits derived from the use of genetic resources; the terminator seed moratory; biodiversity´s preservation and use and the implementation of Working Programs of Protected Areas, Forests, Coastal and Marine Biodiversity inside the fixed time (2010 to forests and 2012 to marine and coastal areas).