from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An evergreen shrub (Kalmia latifolia) in the heath family, native to eastern North America, having glossy leaves and clusters of pink or white flowers.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Kalmia latifolia. See cut under
- noun Umbellularia Californica.
- noun A plant of the genus Ocotea (Oreodaphne).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A bush, Kalmia latifolia in the family Ericaceae, native to the Eastern United States. It is a flowering evergreen, all parts of which are toxic. It is the state tree of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun Pacific coast tree having aromatic foliage and small umbellate flowers followed by olivelike fruit; yields a hard tough wood
- noun a North American evergreen shrub having glossy leaves and white or rose-colored flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.