from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Architecture A flat object or opening with scalloped edges or ornaments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A symmetrical shape which forms the overall outline of a set of partially-overlapping circles of the same diameter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having more than five divisions or foils.
- n. An ornamental foliation consisting of more than five divisions or foils.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In architecture, decoration, etc., having more than five foils or arcuate divisions: as, a multifoil arch.
- n. Multifoil ornament.
These facades are supported on independent laminated timber framing - from sustainable managed sources - with all opening sections clad with TRESPA and lined with TriIso multifoil insulation to maintain the u-value of the façade.