from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An Asian plant (Vigna radiata) in the pea family, widely cultivated for its edible seeds and pods. It is the chief source of bean sprouts.
- n. The seeds or pods of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the seed of Vigna radiata which is native to Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The mung (Vigna radiata).
- n. The bean produced by the mung.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. erect bushy annual widely cultivated in warm regions of India and Indonesia and United States for forage and especially its edible seeds; chief source of bean sprouts used in Chinese cookery; sometimes placed in genus Phaseolus
Hindi mūṁg, from Sanskrit mudgaḥ.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.