from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An auditorium for musical performances.
- noun A vaudeville theater.
- noun Vaudeville.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A public hall used especially for musical performances or other public entertainments; specifically, in England, such a hall in which the entertainment consists of singing, dancing, recitations, or imitations in character, burlesque, variety performances, and the like.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A place for public musical entertainments; specif. (Eng.), esp. a public hall for vaudeville performances, in which smoking and drinking are usually allowed in the auditorium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun music An
auditoriumfor concertsand musical entertainments.
- noun A
vaudevilleor variety theater.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a theater in which vaudeville is staged
- noun a variety show with songs and comic acts etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.