from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Muscovy duck.
- n. A waterfowl (Biziura lobata) of Australia, the male of which has a leathery chin lobe and emits a musky odor during the breeding season.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The Musk Duck (Biziura lobata), a highly aquatic, stiff-tailed duck native to southern Australia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An Australian duck (Biziura lobata).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A duck, Cairina moschata, of the family Anatidæ and subfamily Anatinæ, commonly but erroneously known as the muscovy and Barbary duck.
- n. A duck of the genus Biziura, as B. lobata of Australia: so called from the musky odor of the male.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large crested wild duck of Central America and South America; widely domesticated
musk + duck (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.