from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A large cell of the bone marrow that is a precursor of the mature granulocyte of the blood.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One of the cells of the gray substance of the brain.
- noun A bone-marrow cell; one of the varieties of leucocytes formed in the bone-marrow.
- noun Same as
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a large
cell, found in bone marrow, that becomes a granulocytewhen mature
- noun a cell associated with the
myelinof the brainand spinal cord
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an immature leukocyte normally found in bone marrow
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From myelo-, from Ancient Greek μυελός (muelos, "marrow") + -cyte ("cell"), from Ancient Greek κύτος (kutos, "container, receptacle").
Sorry, no example sentences found.