from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun In mining and geology, a nodule or concretion, such as flint or pyrite, in some other and usually softer rock, as chalk, clay, or coal.
  • noun Same as niblick.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun mineralogy A rounded mass, as of flint in chalk, or of ironstone in coal.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.