from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or characteristic of being in need; neediness.
- n. A circumstance or event which is necessary or unavoidable, especially because it is a requirement of a social role or natural state of affairs.
- n. Necessity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Necessitousness; want.
- n. Necessary connection or relation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sacred obligation of family or friendship; a tie or bond of relationship or intimacy.
Sorry, no etymologies found.