from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A valve having a slender point fitting into a conical seat, used to regulate accurately the flow of a liquid or gas.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A type of valve having a small orifice and a needle-like plunger, allowing precise regulation of generally small flow rates.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.