from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Easy and unceremonious dress in general: as, she appeared in negligée.
- noun A form of loose gown worn by women in the eighteenth century.
- noun See
negligée necklace, below.
- Carelessly arranged or attired; unceremoniously dressed; careless.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun obsolete A light women's
- noun A loose women's dressing-gown, especially when lacy or revealing; a
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From French négligé ("underdressed; loose garment"), past participle of négliger ("to neglect"), from Latin negligere.
Sorry, no example sentences found.