from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Surgical incision into the kidney.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In surgery, the operation of incising the kidney, as for the extraction of a calculus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Surg.) Extraction of stone from the kidney by cutting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun surgery the surgical procedure of cutting, or making an
incisionin a kidney
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun incision into a kidney (usually to remove a kidney stone)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
nephro- + -otomy