from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A sturdy supporting post at one end or at a turning point of a staircase banister railing, often topped with a decorative finial. Compare baluster.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. the post at the top or bottom of a flight of stairs; it supports the handrail


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.