from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A silvery, hard, corrosion-resistant, ductile, malleable alloy of copper, zinc, and nickel, used in tableware and as a structural material for hospital and restaurant equipment. Also called German silver.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hard, corrosion-resistant alloy of copper, zinc and nickel used to make domestic silverware.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an alloy of nickel, copper, and zinc; -- usually called german silver; called also argentan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the many names of the alloy best known in English as German silver, and in German as Nevsilber. See German silver, under silver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a silver-white alloy containing copper and zinc and nickel
Sorry, no etymologies found.