from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A person who habitually stays up and is active late into the night.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who stays up late at night or goes to bed late.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person who likes to be active late at night.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An owl of notably or exclusively nocturnal habits. All owls are nocturnal, but some less so than others, and night-owl is used in contrast to day-owl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who likes to be active late at night
Sorry, no etymologies found.