from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A person who habitually stays up and is active late into the night.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An owl of notably or exclusively nocturnal habits. All owls are nocturnal, but some less so than others, and night-owl is used in contrast to day-owl.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A person who likes to be active late at night.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun idiomatic One who stays up
lateat night or goes to bed late.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a person who likes to be active late at night
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.