from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cardinal number equal to 9 × 10.
- n. A decade or the numbers from 90 to 99: My grandparents are in their nineties. During the heat wave, the temperature stayed in the nineties.
- n. The decade from 90 to 99 in a century.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cardinal number occurring after eighty-nine and before ninety-one, represented in Roman numerals as XC and in Arabic numerals as 90.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Nine times ten; eighty-nine and one more.
- n. The sum of nine times ten; the number greater by a unit than eighty-nine; ninety units or objects.
- n. A symbol representing ninety units, as 90 or xc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Nine times ten; one more than eighty-nine, or ten less than a hundred: a cardinal numeral.
- n. The sum of ten nines, or nine tens; nine times ten.
- n. A symbol representing ninety units, as 90, or XC, or xc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being ten more than eighty
- n. the cardinal number that is the product of ten and nine
Gabriel was despatched to him with that short chapter of the Koran, which we call the ninety-fourth, beginning with the words
By the end of this term ninety souls were added to the flock.
The angel Gabriel was despatched to him with that short chapter of the Koran, which we call the ninety - fourth, beginning with the words "Have we not gladdened thy breast?"
While hilarious and entertaining, I thought it a bit strange that in ninety minutes of discussion they barely mentioned their game.
Newspapers took two cents of journalism and wrapped in ninety-eight cents of overhead and distraction.
If I write a two year business plan and receive a loan, I don't think you can measure it's success or failure in ninety days when I have only spent 10% of the loan money.
Then, let the republicans do their plan of giving tax cuts to the rich and see if it creates jobs and works in ninety days.
He is in ninety percent of the film and rightfully so.
In California thieves can remove a platinum-filled catalytic converter in ninety seconds.
Your completed claim form must be postmarked within ninety (90) days* of the date of the damage or theft, even if all other required documentation is not yet available, or your claim will be denied.