from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In chem., a little wire clamp which, when pressed upon by the finger and thumb or by turning a screw, serves partly or completely to close an india-rubber tube over which it fits and thereby obstructs the flow of a liquid or a gas. Various special forms are known as Mohr's clamp, Hofmann's clamp, etc.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.