from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • transitive verb To combine or treat with nitrogen or a nitrogen compound.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • To impregnate or imbue with nitrogen. Also spelled nitrogenise.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • transitive verb (Chem.) To combine, or impregnate, with nitrogen or its compounds.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • verb transitive to treat something with nitrogen of a nitrogen compound

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • verb treat with nitrogen or a nitrogen compound


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.