from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Consisting of nine parts or members.
- adjective Nine times as much in size, strength, number, or amount.
- noun A ninefold amount or number.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Ninefold; nine times told: as, in music, nonuple rhythm, a rhythm with nine beats to the measure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective having nine units or components
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French nonuple (on the model of quadruple, quadruple), from Latin nōnus, ninth; see nona–.]
That's Dolphin Olympics, plain and simple – and if you beat our double backflip nonuple corkscrew with gulp, we'll be mighty impressed.