from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The energy released by a nuclear reaction, especially by fission or fusion.
- n. Nuclear energy regarded as a source of power. Also called atomic energy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the energy released by a nuclear reaction; either through nuclear fission or nuclear fusion
- n. such energy used as a power source
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Energy derived from nuclear reactions; -- used at present especially of electrical power generated in atomic reactors, but encompassing also fusion energy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the energy released by a nuclear reaction
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.