from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Power, especially electricity, the source of which is nuclear fission.
- noun A nation or group possessing nuclear weapons.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Power derived from nuclear reactions; -- used at present especially of electrical power generated in atomic reactors, but encompassing also fusion power.
- noun A country possessing nuclear weapons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun uncountable Power, especially
electricalpower, obtained using nuclear fissionor nuclear fusion
- noun countable A
nationthat possesses nuclear weapons
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun nuclear energy regarded as a source of electricity for the power grid (for civilian use)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.