from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various often brightly colored butterflies of the family Nymphalidae or the subfamily Nymphalinae, having reduced forelegs that are not used for walking.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to the Nymphalidæ, or having their characters.
- noun A nymphalid butterfly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Any butterfly of the family
Nymphalidae, consisting of medium to large butterflies found worldwide, typically having brightly colored wings and much-reduced nonfunctional forelegs carried folded on the breast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any
butterflyof the order Nymphalidae
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun medium to large butterflies found worldwide typically having brightly colored wings and much-reduced nonfunctional forelegs carried folded on the breast
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
In the nymphalid butterflies, the pupa is often called a 'chrysalis' on account of the golden hue displayed by the cuticle, and the term
The means by which the suspended pupa of a nymphalid butterfly attaches its cremaster to the silken pad which the larva has spun in preparation for pupation, is worthy of brief attention.
Mail umn edu sneak is talkily new, but tenderizer to nymphalid furring to your drawl and crenelle mexico is forte on the bloodlust.
He was in a nymphalid for a few hours then he died ….