from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • adj. imbricate, with the successively overlapping ends directed downward

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. Imbricated, with the overlapping ends directed downward.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • In botany, imbricated, or successively overlapping downward: noting an involucre in which the exterior scales are progressively longer than the interior ones.


ob- +‎ imbricate (Wiktionary)


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.