from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an official manner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. By the proper officer; by virtue of the proper authority; in pursuance of the special powers vested in an officer or office
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an official capacity; as an official: as, I am not officially cognizant of the matter; officially connected with some undertaking.
- By the proper officer, or in accordance with official requirements; duly and formally, as by an official: as, accounts or reports officially verified; persons officially notified.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an official role
- adv. with official authorization
The former Kepco chief left the company on Aug. 29, three days after his term officially ended, according to company spokeswoman Kim Hye Lim.
In 1938 Slaughter made the talent portion of the competition mandatory; in 1941 she got the name officially changed to "The Miss America Pageant;" and in 1945 she gave out the first scholarship to the winner.
Mohammad so is the title officially "90210" now? theTVaddict
“Mother of God,” “Theotokos,” is the title officially attributed to Mary in the fifth century, exactly by the Council of Ephesus in 431, but affirmed in the devotion of the Christian people already since the third century, in the context of the discussions that arose in that period over the person of Christ.
Stuart Immonen mentioned on a website, when asked about the change, explained that Marvel did not secure a clear-cut trademark, so while they MIGHT be all right as they were, they felt it was just better off to change the title officially to Nextwave, Agents of H.A.T.E.
She wondered if anyone would ever call her Alex again, or if she should just have her name officially changed to Your Honor.
The term officially last year round beginning in October.
When his term officially ends next January, Miller will have 37 years in law enforcement.
We'd have to go through a special election to fill out the rest of her term, and then hold another one in 2012, when her term officially ends.
"With his term officially expiring at the end of January, any further delays could undermine the dollar next week," the report said.