from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A painting done in oil paints.
- noun The art or practice of painting with oils.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The art of painting with pigments mixed with a drying-oil, as poppy-, walnut-, or linseed-oil.
- noun A picture painted in oil-colors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
paintingdone with oil paints.
- noun uncountable The
artof painting with oil paints.
- noun humorous, with negative A physically attractive person
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a picture painted with oil paints
- noun the art or method of painting with oil paints
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.