from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A tall palm tree (Elaeis guineensis) native to tropical Africa, having nutlike fruits that yield a commercially valuable oil.
- noun Any of several palms that yield oil.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A palm, Elæis Guineensis, the fruit-pulp of which yields palm-oil. See Elæis, palmnut-oil, and palm-oil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Elaeis guineensis, the principal source of
- noun Any species of
palmwhich can usefully produce palm oil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun pinnate-leaved palms of the genus Elaeis having dense clusters of crowded flowers and bright red fruit and yielding high quality palm oils
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.