from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A layer of oil floating on the surface of water.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A layer of oil floating on water; -- usually petroleum or fuel oil which has leaked from a ship.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a thin film of oil floating on top of water (especially crude oil spilled from a ship)


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.