from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. The Tillandsia usneoides. See Tillandsia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See Clematis.
- n. Same as long-moss.
- n. Same as fringe-tree.
- n. A species of Equisetum; also, sometimes, one of species of other genera.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. vigorous deciduous climber of Europe to Afghanistan and Lebanon having panicles of fragrant green-white flowers in summer and autumn
- n. common climber of eastern North America that sprawls over other plants and bears numerous panicles of small creamy white flowers
- n. dense festoons of greenish-grey hairlike flexuous strands anchored to tree trunks and branches by sparse wiry roots; southeastern United States and West Indies to South America
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.