from The Century Dictionary.
- Of the ancient world; belonging to a prehistoric or far bygone age; antiquated; old-fashioned.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the Old World (Europe, Asia, and Africa) as distinguished from the New World or America.
- Specifically, of or pertaining to the continents of the eastern hemisphere as known before the discovery of America; paleogean: as, the old-world apes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Characteristic of former times especially in Europe.
- adjective (Biology) Native to the Old World; not found in the Americas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of, or relating to the
ancient worldor former times
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective characteristic of former times especially in Europe
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.