from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various annelid worms of the class Oligochaeta, including the earthworms and a few small freshwater forms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any of various hermaphroditic aquatic and terrestrial annelid worms, of the class Oligochaeta, that have single bristles along the body
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any of an order of hermaphroditic terrestrial and aquatic annelids (including the earthworms) having bristles borne singly along the length of the body; a member of the Oligochaeta.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to or having the characteristics of the Oligochæta.
- n. A worm of the order Oligochæta.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hermaphroditic terrestrial and aquatic annelids having bristles borne singly along the length of the body
From New Latin Oligochaeta, class name : oligo- + chaeta.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.