from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mineral, Cu2(AsO4)(OH), a basic arsenate of copper, that is brown, olive green, or gray in color and found in copper deposits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An orthorhombic copper arsenate mineral with the chemical formula Cu2AsO4OH.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An olive-green mineral, a hydrous arseniate of copper (Cu2(AsO4)(OH)); olive ore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An arseniate of copper, usually of an olive-green color, occurring in prismatic crystals, and also in reniform, granular, and fibrous crusts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. rare green to black mineral consisting of hydrated copper arsenate that is found in copper deposits
German Olivenit : Olive, olive (from Latin olīva; see olive) + -it, n. suff. (from Latin -īta; see -ite1).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From German Olivenerz ("olive ore"), from its olive-green colour + -ite. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.