from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Displayed on the dial of a clock (timepiece).
- adj. Working at one's job; occupied in some manner during one's hours of remunerated employment.
- adj. Of a taxicab, engaged for hire; displayed numerically as time or fare on the meter of a taxicab.
- adj. In the official time remaining in a game or other sporting event.
- adj. In the official time expired in a game or other sporting event.
- adj. Displayed numerically on the mileage or kilometric gauge.
- adj. Remunerated per unit of time.
- adv. During one's official working hours; in or into a position of remunerated employment.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
His cold eyes, which were the colour of a German field uniform, flickered upward on the words, but Mr. Campion, following their gaze, saw that it rested on the clock over the jeweller’s two doors down.