from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Occurring or undertaken only once.
- adjective Having been in the past; former.
- adjective Sports Relating to or being a shot made from a pass that is not stopped prior to shooting.
- transitive verb To shoot (a ball or puck) directly from a pass.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Sometime; former; whilom: as, with their one-time king.
- At once; without delay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or pertaining to a specific
timein the past.
- adjective Occurring only on one
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective belonging to some prior time
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.