from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The graph traced by an oscillograph.
- n. An instantaneous oscilloscope trace or photograph.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A record produced by an oscillograph or oscilloscope.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An autographic record made by an oscillograph.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The graphic trace or record made by an oscillograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the recording produced by an oscillograph
The left-hand oscillogram indicated the strength of Hugher's hypno-block whereas the one on the right gave a curving indication of how much energy was needed to break the block.
Other Oscillator Waveforms Waveforms (waves) are named sawtooth, square, pulse, or triangular because of their shape when displayed as an oscillogram (as in the Sample Editor of Logic Pro).
If you drew a line surrounding the upper half of the oscillogram, you could call it the envelope of the sound-a graphic displaying the level as a function of time.
In the image, you see an oscillogram of a percussive tone.
"And here's the oscillogram, sir, with the flattened curves.