from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • intransitive v. To move out of one community, region, or country in order to reside in another.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


  • "The bubble-curtain is being tested for use instead of a rock barrier that has been installed each spring in previous years to help keep juvenile salmon from straying into Old River as they out-migrate from the San Joaquin River through the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta," according to DWR.

    Indybay newswire


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.